QUOTES

TAMMI ROGERS ON INTERNET RADIO SHOW KONVERSATIONS W/ KENDELL LENICE!!

Not long ago the very talented and greatly diverse actress TAMMI ROGERS was featured on an internet radio show, KONVERSATIONS W/KENDELL LENICE along with a fellow friend and talented actress URSSULA-MZ HOLLYWOOD. This weeks topic was NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS, focusing on their journey through the business of acting.

You may be wondering if I myself witnessed this interview or if this is merely a plug for my very talented thespian friend. The answer would be both! It is indeed my pleasure to share greatness with the world in whatever form I can and I did have the pleasure of witnessing this interview via YOUTUBE and I found it to be very fun, personable, honest and inspiring. I wanted to give you the opportunity to view this interview and see how it looks through your eyes. While you take time out to do that I'll share what I found to be especially engaging in a more in depth way.

Ok...Here we go:

I clicked on the link sent to me by none other than Tammi Rogers and instantly I was off to the races. I saw the host Kendell Lenice at the far left who is not shy about letting the masses know that she desires to inspire and uplift others, Urssula-Mz Hollywood in the center who has a bold, bubbly and dare I say comedic personality and Dr. Tammi Rogers on the right who got bitten by the acting bug at the age of 3 and is still going at intergalactic speed living her dreams out loud. The conversation or should I say Konversation started without hesitation. Kendell was great, she took control of her set but not in an overbearing kind of way but more like a close friend that you felt super comfortable with and ready to open up to.

The questions were straight to the point ranging from dreams to goals. She touched on how these women got their start in acting, what the struggles are or were as plus size women in the acting business if any, what it takes to be taken seriously, introvert versus extrovert as an actress and the list goes on.

What I enjoyed was the candid approach and seemingly sincere authenticity. That always proves to be beneficial to me. It's what kept me engage and watching from start to finish for a little over an hour. They spoke on acting being their passion. They spoke about getting paid few, far and between for many projects that they agreed to be a part of all for the love of the arts and although that's true that's not to be confused for them not wanting to be paid for their gifts. Quite to the contrary, they both admitted that they would like very much to one day be able to sustain themselves financially via their art.

They spoke on what projects they have coming up in theater and film. They also mentioned that you have to work hard and be consistent. Show up and show out. One actress said this (loosely translated) "You can start out in the background, no lines, nothing but...if you show up...on time... consistently, you never know what great things can happen. You just have to be present & PREPARED."

During this interview there was tons of helpful information for those who aspire to venture into the world of acting and at the same time there was no shortage of lighthearted comedic moments. It was also nice to hear that whether you went to school or not for acting you can still jump right in, learn all you can and excel at it if you choose.

So it is my pleasure to share this video No Business-Like Show Business!! Enjoy!

Here's the show!!!

Check it out on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/7sCPtQKF2t8

Congrats Tammi!! Keep pushing like only you can!



No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.