QUOTES

THE WOMAN KING!!!!!!!!!!! VIOLA DAVIS/GINA PRINCE-BYTHWOOD...EXTRAORDINARY & TRANSFORMATIVE!!!!

 Hey there BEAUTIFUL people! 


 Hope you are well and living out your dreams in the best way! I had to stop by and let you know about the wonderful experience I had yesterday. Why? Because I want you to have the same wonderful experience and believe me...YOU CAN!!!! All you have to do is go and see THE WOMAN KING!!!!!



That's it...it's just that simple. I promise. Go and see it. Experience it for yourself. You WILL NOT regret it! Without giving too much away I can tell you that it is EVERYTHING!!! It is bold. It is captivating. It is moving. It is powerful. It is thought provoking. It uplifts and empowers. It is a MUST SEE!! 

Now, I have to be honest. I've been on an all-consuming journey of self-discovery (loving every second by the way) that I haven't really been plugged in to outside "going's on" if you will. That said, I hadn't heard about THE WOMAN KING


SHOCKING...I know but I hadn't! Hadn't seen one image to give me a hint. Hadn't even heard anybody mention it until last week. True story. One of my sisters from another mother asked me if I wanted to go with her and her "girl group" to see THE WOMAN KING and I was like "Cool." I was going in blind. I had no idea what I was about to witness at all and for that I was grateful...yes, I'll explain. (Told ya I read minds part time...lol) 


For me at least, I often feel the weight of how oversaturated things can be. There is so much information, feelings, opinions, media...always someone trying to sell you something etc. Let's face it...the world can be quite the noisy place. I often find myself looking for the space where butterflies rest easy to get away from the noise and get closer to connecting with me. Been doing a pretty good job of it here lately... if I do say so myself...lol.


Maybe too good of a job. So good in fact, that I had not heard one iota about Viola Davis joining forces with Gina Prince-Bythewood, American film director and screenwriter, who personally had me at hello with that classic film Love & Basketball back in 2000. Watch it every time it comes on...doesn't matter if it's the last five minutes or the first few seconds...I'm watching!!!! Lol.


But I digress...this is the second time in my life thus far that I went into a movie theater unaware of what I was about to see. The first time, a friend and I went to see a particular movie but it was sold out. Bummer! Until, she said "I know what else we could see." Once again. I was like "Cool". I went in blind and it was one of the best experiences ever. There I sat, along for the ride. No preconceived notions, no expectations...just me and my curious mind. 


Fast forward many years later and there I am again. Me and my curious mind, sitting in a movie theater with my pepperoni flatbread pizza and wild cherry Icee, in an oversized, cushy, fully reclined leather chair with the footrest fully extended...thank you very much, ready to go on yet another unassuming journey.


And I did indeed!


I am better for having gone, seen and experienced this beautiful work. A great big grateful THANK YOU to every and anyone who had something to do with the making of this extraordinary and transformative creation. It is necessary and timely and important and its value is without measure. To me, as a woman of color...it is AIR.

When you go and see THE WOMAN KING... 


I wish you wonder, clarity, beauty, self-validation, power and love,


xoxo,


Mahoghany     


No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.