QUOTES

GOT HUMMINGBIRD?!!!!!!!!

Thinking back:

I was in my apartment one day...feeling kind of melancholy, fighting against this feeling with all my might. It was just one of those days I suppose where nothing was wrong but nothing felt right.

Know what I'm talking about?

Yeah?

Well I was having one of those. I was all over the place in my head. I got up, showered, pulled my hair back into a ponytail, wanted to be oh so fly, you know, make up, 6 inch heels and jeans that fit oh so right...but didn't have the energy, so instead I put on a super long body hugging cotton dress and instantly I felt a little better. I got my camera and decided to capture me in whatever state I was in and as you may have heard "The camera doesn't lie." So there I was looking at this already understood truth via of a photograph and I looked underwhelmed, uninspired, bored, completely over it and dare I say OLD...like I had aged 100 years overnight.

Why?, I thought.

My answer was:

 I was alive but I wasn't living. I was lonesome for those who understood me best and they were thousands of miles away.

I may have underestimated the power of options. Normally before this geographical move I would just get in my car and drive a good 20 minutes in any direction and find myself hugging, laughing and chatting it up with those who matter most to me but now that was no longer an option and while phone calls are good and face time is cool...it just isn't the same.

Wasn't really sure of what else to do so I did the only thing I could think of and that's to PRAY. My prayer was short and sweet, potent and transparent...and as soon as the final words left my mind and my lips alike something wonderful happened. On what appears to be the 3rd floor but it's really the second...there's a tree right outside my window and out of nowhere a blurry but sizable object appeared and no I don't need glasses. LOL! The object was blurry because of how fast it was moving.

YES, it was a HUMMINGBIRD!!!!!!

It was the perfect surprise. It, in a wing fluttering blink, mirrored the me that I wanted to get back to so desperately. It was beautiful, energetic, free and breathtaking! I felt so special and smiled upon as it stayed there for what felt like a minute or 2 and if you know anything about birds in flight you know a minute or 2 is like forever.

For the first 30 seconds I marveled, after that I began speaking to it and I felt like it could hear me and understand me too. After this amazing surprise and dare I say, GIFT...it flew away like birds are known to do. I wasn't sad though. I could be nothing but grateful as I stood there smiling, thanking God for this joy I was now experiencing and while I was doing just that...guess what?

The hummingbird came back!!!!!!!

I couldn't believe it...only this time was different.

How so?

Thought you'd never ask! Well the first time it was directly outside my window in the tree but this time he flew right up to me at the window and stayed for about 30 seconds as I talked to it and I felt even more connected, reinvigorated, empowered, loved, valued and cared for.

Never would I have ever imagined that my bright spot/silver lining/rainbow would appear in the form of a tiny powerhouse like the HUMMINGBIRD!!!!

All those who I love, that love me back immeasurably have had more than a few opportunities to put an S on their chest for me...and although I'm sure they'll have more opportunities in the future to do the same...because of this very singular experience of mine, they'll now be thought of  as my HERO HUMMINGBIRDS TOO!! :) 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.