QUOTES

THRIVER JENNIFER FOXWORTHY COURGEOUSLY SHINES A LIGHT VIA HER STORY OF INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE

 Hello beautiful people! 

 Meet Jennifer Foxworthy, a woman of purpose and intention! 

There is so much I could say about Jennifer. I could tell you that she is intelligent, a go getter, hardworking, passionate about helping others etc. and I'd still only be scratching the surface. 

I made Jennifer's acquaintance via an email she sent and soon after discovered how driven she is. I remember her being very bright and bubbly, asking if I would be open to learning about her story...more specifically about her journey through domestic violence. She shared that she'd seen a visual poetic video on cancer that I had made and wondered if I would consider doing a creatively similar project that would share her personal story and I said "YES!" 

I was humbled by the ask. I took it so seriously. I wanted to capture the essence of her joy, her pain, her vulnerability and no doubt, her faith. Ultimately, I wanted her to feel like she had chosen wisely. I wanted to do everything in my power to make her proud so that she didn't regret choosing me...

Through our journey of working together many challenging things happened in our world from 2020-2022...need I say more. We had one on one conversations about a variety of difficulties we were dealing with personally and were both quick to extend compassion and patience in the face of all we were confronted with. Thankfully, I was able to create something that Jennifer felt would be a gift to others via inspiration and hope. She felt confident that her intentions to enlighten and uplift every and anyone shouldering the weight of all that comes with domestic violence via this work would be successful with God's help.  

 Today, I sent her a message cheering her on! Her courage to share something so personal, choosing to be a light to others in such a selfless way is beyond moving to me. Feel free to watch the video and share it with those who need encouragement, hope and love. 


xoxo,

Mahoghany

Below is a direct message from Jennifer Foxworthy:


ttps://youtu.be/Kwk_MKK--8Q

💪⌚️Now is the time! I waited over a year to share my story that was beautifully captured through video and poetry by the talented and amazing, Mahoghany Artist. October is National Domestic Violence Awareness Month and I hope this video shines a light 🔦in the dark places of intimate partner violence.💔If you are experiencing abuse, you are not alone. 1 in 4 women and 1 in 7 men will experience sever physical abuse in their lifetime. Please don't let the guilt and shame keep you trapped in this horrible nightmare. You too, can survive and thrive 💓. Let my story along with others, provide insight and inspiration on how our faith carried us through.⏳This video is about 8 minutes, take a moment to check it out and share if you feel led.#domesticviolenceawareness #thriver #nomore #poetry #mystory #keynotespeaker #workshopfacilitator #InspirationalInfluencer #purposefromthepain

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.