QUOTES

NYLA ELISE RECONNECTS WITH ITS ROOTS AT THE WORD OF GOD CHRISTIAN ACADEMY!!

This is a special day for Ricky Moore Jr. of Nyla Elise Clothing. He in fact traveled back in time. He went back to the place where he spent countless days as a youth, back to a place where he learned that people actually do care about you and the choices and decisions you make. He once again came face to face with one man that was able to look pass his then rebellious hard headedness and see how much potential he truly had.

 
Ever have someone like that in your life? Ever think about that person or persons and wonder where they are or how they are doing and what you might say if you had the opportunity to see them again? Yes. Well, so have I.

I have been fortunate enough to have those moments with many people who have positively influenced me in a variety of ways as well as had the opportunity to witness others having a similar experience under the same umbrella. So, it should come as no surprise that when I saw Rick Moore come face to face with his childhood mentor after many years, this reunion had more than a few tears coming to a few pair of eyes. (No names will be listed to protect the innocent...besides they won't admit they were crying. They'd say it was rain or gusting winds or sweat...LOL)

As I entered into the room I could tell that this was a long overdue reunion. I could tell that there was a mutual pride and respect that they had for each other. I could tell that his mentor was happy to see him because as his mentor stated "So many kids that you worked so closely with go on with their lives and you never hear from or see them again." So I think it's safe to say that it made his heart glad to see one of the kids not only come back to visit but to say "Thank you...because of you believing that I could make it, that I could achieve great things...I believed it too."


No better reward than to hear that you invested well. No better reward than to see a once child now a man stand tall with pride and confidence and say "I appreciate the time, effort, energy and resources that you extended to me and the opportunities that your generosity afforded me. So, I had to try my hardest and do my absolute best because I had to show you that you invested well. Thanks for everything."

When someone says things like this to you it's humbling beyond measure. It makes you feel so grateful that you were able to help another in some way. So no matter how small an act of kindness may seem to you, never underestimate the power of words or quality time well spent because it just may be saving someone's life right now.


If you didn't know KINGS raise KINGS and Ricky Moore Jr. is living proof that no act of kindness is ever wasted. His mentor's kindness, shown to him as a child, is still making the most bold and positively profound influence in the life of this now grown man as he imparts all that he's learned then to his 2 children today.

 
Thank you to everyone who cares to share how amazing we all are. Thank you to everyone who encourages, inspires, educates, uplifts, demonstrates greatness, leads by example because it's in those moments where you think we're not listening or paying attention that you are in fact making the greatest impact. Never give up...we need you.  
 



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.