QUOTES

M-I-A= MARRIAGE IS AWESOME AND SO IS THIS BRIDAL SHOWER!!!!!!

Names will be excluded to protect the privacy of the blissfully in love and soon to be married bride to be! I mean, good gracious...so nosey...LOL.


Image result for marriage


Yesterday, I witnessed sisterhood at its finest. I saw smiles and hugs and heard cheers and laughter for hours. I went to my cousins Bridal Shower...and I was happy to be there and proud to say I was on time, so on time in fact that I was the 2nd one through the doors but i digress. I saw familiar faces...family I haven't seen in years. It had been so long since I had seen some of them I couldn't remember their names. It had clearly been way too long.

Upon arriving to Hotel Indigo I recall being pleasantly greeted by concierge and front desk staff and directed to the first room on the left and what I saw was refreshing. It was an eclectic/well decorated room that made you feel welcomed like you were at home. It had mixed pieces that spoke to a modern/contemporary vibe as well as vintage/rustic pieces. Velvet wrap around bench style seating, pairs of high back leather chairs...tufted backless benches and larger than life chandeliers!! Saying all that to say, IT WAS THE PLACE TO BE although a bit chilly but the electric fireplace solved that brisk situation. #NOWTHATSMORELIKEIT

While making a little small talk via a pleasant reunion with a familiar face or two I couldn't help but notice these yummy desserts in the sweetest little corner. Layered cakes in jars in different sizes and cupcakes that were fully equipped with maple syrup, bacon, chicken and waffles!! You don't need me to tell you that I was thee very first one to sink my teeth into these sinfully sweet treats and I offered up no apologies. It was heavenly. I instantly became a "MAPLE BACON CUPCAKE ADVOCATE" urging every fly girl to get a bang out of life via these tasty little darlings and they did not disappoint...not even a little bit.

While all of the tasty treat sampling is going on, there is some WAY cool music playing non stop at what I'd like to call a "conversational tone" and I loved every second. The shower was scheduled to start at 6 but the guest of honor made her entrance an hour and 15 minutes later looking absolutely amazing and the shower/party was instantly in full swish. The room was instantly enveloped with cheers, applause and congratulations...paired with hugs and laughter, not to mention tons of style. Everything from slinky form fitting dresses, flirty minis, cool girl rompers, floor length sass, chunky jewelry, stripes, flowers, lace and not an afro, Mohawk, short cut, braid, wave or curl out of place...it was beautiful. #WERRRK

Now we can unapologetically do what we've all been longing to do for a while now and that's eat!!!! The menu was finger food adorbs...I'm talking thai flavored chicken breast skewers, lightly battered fried to perfection onion rings, crab cake orbs and mini burgers. There was spirited punch and fresh lemonade that could be readily enjoyed with paper xoxo straws or super cute/festive colorful umbrellas. #STYLISHLYREFRESHING

Immediately after the food consumption it was game playing time and we were all here for that! LOL We saw this rather chunky yet modest looking basket that runneth over with all kinds of interesting items...things like ribbon and safety pins, granny panties and scissors etc. Little did we know what the task at hand would be but then came the instructions, rules and regulations.

We were all told that we had ten minutes to transform these bloomers into a saucy bra and panty set for the bride to be and in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...we were off to the races. In 4 groups of 3 we make it happen! There were some diverse creations in that room let me tell you. Like to hear it...here it go!

One group made a one shoulder halter with paper ribbon fringe, another group used mesh wine color ribbon for a little criss cross in the back action...there was one group that brought the house down with laughter as we all feast our eyes on this nearly unexplainable creation that had a sizeable hole in the middle of the stomach. Only god knows why or how that would be put to good use but I will admit that I not only boldly laughed myself hysterical but I was compelled to kick up a heel as well. It was too funny!!   

The last group made the winning look in turquoise fully equipped with streamer like ribbons on the sides of the undies and a very useful surprise made with the scissors if you know what I mean. For their winning look they had a paparazzi type moment with flashing lights as they held up their prizes accompanied with gift bags fully loaded with goodness! The winning team was humbled in their superiority...lol.

As if the pictures ever stopped...it was now officially picture taking time with the bride to be. I was first up to bat...and it was beyond fun and touching. We each, one by one, took a moment to speak well wishes to the lady in white and had instant photos in the building to attest to the love and support.

Last but certainly not least...it's gift opening time!!! We're talking perfume, body oil, lingerie, jewelry, handbags and yes a trip to MIAMI!!!!! It was a card that spilled the beans and after asking her sisters, cousins and friends "Are you guys going too?" Once the emphatic "YES!" came in...tears were all in the building. We laughed and tried to lighten the waterworks but the tears were unstoppable in the best way imaginable.

Wait, before you go...More photos!!!!! Kiss the sign in book! Take a cupcake home! Don't forget your gift bags...be safe going home. We know you guys will have nothing less than a smashing good time being super stylish in the MIAMI sun!!!!!! MARRIAGE IS AWESOME!!!

See ya at the wedding!

Congratulations from us all! You deserve all the joy, love and contentment your heart and hands can hold. #BRIDALSHOWERPOWER



Image result for Bridal Shower Clip Art
Love,
  Your Bridal Shower Sisters!  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.