QUOTES

SIDNEY POITIER DOCUMENTARY...COMING SOON!!!!! SEPTEMBER 23RD TO BE EXACT!!! EXCITED!!!!

 Hey BEAUTIFUL people!! 


  It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you...in my Rakim voice. It's been a while...lots going on to say the least. I hope you all are doing well. As for me, I am still smiling and laughing out loud on a regular. For the most part...everything is WAY COOL!! However, this is not about me. This is about the one and only SIDNEY POITIER!!!! 



I cannot express how much this man means to me. No, I've never had the pleasure to meet him in person but somehow, he's managed to leave an indelible mark on my life in the best way. So much so, that I was moved to create and dedicate a tribute to him in honor of how he lived and inspired so many to be better...better artists, better friends, better human beings...just better. I invite you to watch it but be advised you will be INSPIRED so proceed at your own risk! Consider yourself warned...lol. 



As some of you may know...Oprah was crazy about Sidney Poitier!


She loved him so much! So, it should come as no surprise that she would have a hand in and by "hand in" I mean, singlehandedly producing a befitting documentary in honor of her cherished friend...one of the most important figures in the history of cinema, as an iconic actor, filmmaker and activist at the center of Hollywood and the Civil Rights Movement.” 


Oscar-nominated filmmaker Reginald Hudlin directed the documentary, 
which debuts in theaters and on Apple TV+ on September 23 by the way. If you're sitting somewhere going "WHO?"...shame on you...lol. Thanks to the worldwide web you can research him and his work with ease. GET FAMILIAR!!Ok, ok...I'll give you a hint. He is an American film screenwriter, director, producer and comic book writer. Still need more? House Party, Boomerang...yes, that's him! I knew you'd remember. Just a friendly jog of the memory and it all came back to you! Whewww, that was close! 

Haven't seen the trailer yet? Well, here's your chance!


AMAZING, right?!!!! I, like so many others I'm sure, cannot wait for this documentary. Because of who Mr. Poitier was, I know this work will make us laugh and cry and inspire and move us to be even more kind, fearless, dedicated, compassionate and yes, proactive one intentional and purposeful action at a time as we forge ahead to make this world...better.  

I hope this concentrated goodness makes your world better, until next time...

xoxo,

Mahoghany

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.