QUOTES

PANAFEST IS SOME KIND OF WONDERFUL!!!!! MUSIC & ART & FASHION...OH MY!!!

I had the best time this year at PANAFEST in Silver Spring!!!! The yummy smell in the air was magnetic. The drums in the distance summoned me. The vibe of the people were welcoming & the fashions made me want to head straight for the nearest bank to take out a HEFTY loan! LOL
FROM INTRIGUED SPECTATORS TO FRONT AND CENTER DANCERS!! THESE BEAUTIES DANCED TIL THEY WERE SATISFIED AND DANCED WELL!!!!! IT'S A PARTY!!
If you've already experienced this event for yourself then YOU ALREADY KNOW!!! If not, it would be a blatant injustice not to tell you what you're missing out on! Tasty food, great vendors, poetry, dance, song, fashion, jewelry, art and more!!! http://www.panafestusa.net/


Can you say ELIKEH?!!!! 
 
Elikeh is an Afropop band based in Washington DC, founded by the Togolese, Serge Massama Dogo. Elikeh uses elements of Togolese rhythms as a foundation for exploration into American-influenced blues, funk and rock to produce captivating Afro-pop tunes that are as listenable as they are danceable. Although based in indigenous traditions, Elikeh’s music has no borders, exploring global themes and personal odysseys. The sound is very close to Osibisa and Fela Kuti.

I'm sure you've already figured out that this INCREDIBLE BAND was playing their hearts out and yes, I danced til I broke a sweat & I assure you it had nothing to do with it being nearly 100 degrees that day! LOL Both the young and the young at heart gave it everything they had as we tapped a toe, swayed our hips, waved our arms and let the breeze flutter through our fingers!!! It's a certified CELEBRATION!!!

 
Come along as I take you on an interwoven journey of color, movement, texture, sound, reflection and heartwarming emotional connection! Ready?!! Let's GOOOOO!!!

When I first arrived I honestly didn't know where to begin. I was on sensory overload!!! Over here, over there...everything was so enticing!! Oh, who am I kidding?!!!! I went straight for the FASHION darling!!!!! LOL #UNAPOLOGETICFASHIONISTA
This necklace gave me LIFE!! Drawn to it like bees to honey! I WANT IT & I WANT IT NOW!!!

FAB necklaces, Bold colorful fabrics, One of a kind patchwork wrap dresses, Flowy maxi skirts and the BEAUTY goes on!

These gorgeous ladies were not the least bit shy about posing...showcasing their new found hotness and why should they be!!

STRAPLESS, BACKLESS, HALTER, CRISS CROSS FLOOR LENGTH, MINIS, FASHION BOSS! #WERKKK

SEMIRAH JEWEL
Allow me to introduce                   SEMIRAH JEWEL...
her fashions had me at HELLO!!!! Beautiful fabrics, unique prints...great prices!! YUM YUM GIVE ME SOME!!!

Not only were her pieces great but so was her personality. I felt totally welcomed and so did all the other clients at her booth.

How could I tell?


Well, in 2 seconds flat we were all talking, laughing, taking pictures and complimenting each other! #SISTERSBONDVIAFASHION






 






Gorgeous weather beautiful people, great live music, way bold fashions...SO MUCH FUN!!!!! Looking forward to the next one already!! 


Hope to see you there in great health with great energy to match! 

xoxo,

Mahoghany
















































No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.