QUOTES

IT'S WORTH GOING THE DISTANCE!!

Have you ever traveled so far, experienced so much, paid the price so high, pushed yourself to the limit, only to discover...that is was so worth it in the end?

Me too!! OMGOODNESS!! For those of us who have ever had to plan anything that took more than what you had in your kitchen cabinets or took more time than it does for your toast to pop up knows the GAZILLION details that weighs and stays on your mind until "THAT DAY" has come and gone.

At first there's this excitement! You can't wait to hop to it. You've got so many AMAZING IDEAS and you just can't wait to see it all come together...right? RIGHT!! That is until the complications start flying at ya like you're trapped inside some sci-fi video game...admittedly you roll with the punches at first. You're optimistic. Cool, calm & collected but then the challenges start coming at ya a little too fast and too often and you get tired and frustrated and you feel like saying "FORGET IT...I'M DONE!!!" but that's the "fed up" you talking. When the smoke clears you come back to the realization that whatever it is you're planning and working towards means so much to you, that you are ready, now more than ever, to get back out there and finish what you've started and better than before as if that was possible. #MCLYTE #REALHIPHOP

I had one of those moments just last night. My mom came across a great piece of art that she thought I might be interested in and she was way right...I was totally interested. I reached out to the seller asking when this piece could be purchased and picked up because I was available to come and get it that same evening. The seller agreed to that, gave me a location, I gave her my ETA and in a flash I'm out the door to get this inspirational art piece.

WAIT!! THERE'S A PROBLEM!!

I think the seller thought I was a local...assuming that I knew exactly where she was and that was completely my fault...thinking that I could just google a location and in a blink I'm there! It was a mistake that cost me and the seller BIG TIME!!

I put this googled address into my GPS and I'm off. The traffic was flowing steady. I was making great time and after a not so close distance at all...I arrived!! YAAAAAY!!...at the wrong location :(

NOOOOOOOOO!! I drove for almost an hour...called the seller saying "I'M HERE!!"...only to be told that I was in the wrong city...off by 40 miles. Are you kidding me?!! With nobody to blame but myself, I was completely outdone. I had wasted time, effort, energy, gas and someone else's time...which to me was the worst thing. To my surprise the seller was sooooo unbelievably kind.

You guys know how I feel about kindness. :) lol

That made it a little easier to take. We communicated well with each other. I told her I'm on my way...please don't leave. She assured me that she'd be there and she was. By the time I made it there, I think it's safe to say that we bonded in a way that neither of us could have expected after what felt like forever to finally meet. I jumped out of my car, ran around her car to meet her and as I'm making my way to her I'm grinning like I won the lottery screaming "OH MY GOD!!!", she threw her arms up to give me the biggest hug and there we were, hugging with relief and complete exhaustion in a freezing cold parking lot. I think this transaction took a few years off our lives...lol...I left my home at 6:30 and it was supposed to take me an hour to get there instead I didn't make it there until 9:30...YUP for all us mathematicians out there...that's 3 hours...YIKES!!!! but I digress. 

She was so nice and so understanding. We exchanged our thoughts and it went a little something like this...

"It's bigger than us. I believe that. I posted this art so many times and no one ever responded and I really wanted the person who bought it to love it as much as I do and here you are", she said.

"It's for my play Happiness For Survival" and I'd love for you to come."

"When is it?"

"In June, in Maryland. Here's a card. Check out our blog. It has all the info, inspirational content etc."

"Well let me give you my card."

"Thank you sooo much for waiting on me. I appreciate it."

and that was that. We jumped out of the freezing cold and gusting winds back into our vehicles and just like that we are on our way. Not sure how long she had to travel but I had another full hour. Yes folks...I arrived back at my home at 10:30pm...but on the plus side, I met a nice person, exchanged contact info #NETWORK, I made it back safe and sound with artwork that I adore and it's beyond perfect for HFS!!!!! #WINNING #MISSIONACCOMPLISHED and I learned something too. Simple but profound.

Prepare well.
 
Get the necessary information to help you best accomplish your goals.
 
Be patient.
 
Be kind.
 
Communication is key or should I say GREAT communication.
 
Control what you can.
 
Stay focused.
 
A smile and optimistic disposition goes a long way.
 
Take advantage of opportunities to network. Quality not quantity.
 
and
 
Be kind to your bladder. After 4 hours in a car you may want to handle your business...lol
 

Until next time...Stop and take the time to appreciate YOU for all that you do to make a positive difference, for going the distance, for giving your best, for being true to your word, for letting your YES mean YES!! For your class, kindness, patience and all the other great things that make you you...THANK YOU...YOU ARE APPRECIATED :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.