QUOTES

THE INAUGURAL ENTREPRENEURS GALA BY VIPEVENTS CONCIERGE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Ok...where do I start? Do I start with the event itself? Do I start with the man, the visionary? Do I start with the location, the attendees, the honorees...? Idk. I'll just start from the heart and I know that everything will be just fine. Lol.

If in fact you were not in the building yesterday at this year's very first Inaugural Entrepreneurs Gala by VipEvents Concierge under the direction and leadership of Larry White Sr. at the BWI Hilton you missed out on the most amazing, inspiring, feel good experience of the year! I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "Was it really that nice or is this just an attempt at extending undeserved kindness?" I can assure you that what you are about to read is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.


It was truly my pleasure to be there but I myself may have never attended this event had it not been for the invite I received from Larry White Sr. himself to perform spoken word. As a matter of fact, the first time I met Larry I was performing spoken word at a VIPEVENTS CONCIERGE venue last year and as history is known to repeat itself here we go again and I couldn't be more excited! The reason being is because this wasn't "just another event". Quite to the contrary, this was an event conceived and designed to purely celebrate entrepreneurs and to shine a well deserved light on all that they do to help uplift our communities.


Like many things this amazing, there were hundreds of moving parts in the form of greeters, seaters, videographers, photographers, hosts, singers, musicians and then some. There were an array of vendors with top notch, quality products in the form of books, skin care, handbags, jewelry, wine baskets and more. Did I mention that the venue has not even officially started yet. Nope...not yet. I was instructed to get there early and you know how I live to handle my business...lol, so I got to see a great deal of the magic happen prior to guests arriving. In fact, I was literally standing right there as they rolled out the red carpet. #TRUTH


Exceptionally Hosted by Charley Crowson, News Anchor for ABC2NEWS
& by Dr. Natalie Forest, CEO Space International.
 Anyhoo, as I stood there I happened to be standing next to a guest who shares that she traveled about 4 hours from Virginia to support this event and she came early to take full advantage of the VIP hour but clearly they needed a few moments more to set up completely. That's when I said to her "Would you like to go to the lounge area, I mean, these shoes are for styling not for standing!" We laughed and she agreed and off to the lounge area we go. While sitting there we met two other very cool ladies, "dressed to the nines" as they say and instantly we all hit it off. #NETWORK

As the moments passed we saw more and more guests pouring through the doors. The ladies were looking absolutely beautiful and the gentlemen were so fresh and so clean. #OUTKAST The crowd started to thin in the lobby and that meant only one thing...this evenings festivities were about to officially begin and we weren't going to miss it. Everyone makes their way to their assigned, well decorated tables that were fully equipped with all the essentials and a surprise gift bag for each attendee. #CLASSY


I couldn't have sat at a better table. I was surrounded by the best energy and enthusiasm, joy and kindness. #TEAM10 all day! As the spinach cranberry salad made it to the table I dared not take a bite...not because I wasn't hungry because I certainly was(Shocker right? Lol) but because I had to perform soon and the last thing I needed was salad dressing on my chin and spinach in my teeth! I gotta tell you, forethought is a beautiful thing because before I could blink I was being called to the stage but not before Celebrity Guests Tim Reid(WKRP In Cincinnati & Sister Sister) and his wife Daphne Reid (Fresh Prince of Belair) graced the event after being invited by President of Emerge Magazine, Tiffany Boyle and greeted everyone. #ROYALTY

TIM REID, DAPHNE REID, LARRY WHITE SR. AND KEN ROCHON

TIFFANY BOYLE, PRESIDENT OF EMERGE MAGAZINE

After which an extremely talented singer by the name of Carmen Calhoun took center stage and sung her face off. It was so moving and so beautiful. The words, the melody, her voice...any way you look at it, it was some kind of wonderful. The very first song had me all choked up...it was just so personal and vulnerable. I loved every emotional second of listening. The next song was so smooth. I couldn't stop swaying in my seat. It was hands down a pleasure to witness and it was over way too soon. Google Carmen and listen to her music! You will LOVE it! She also has a CD. I will definitely be getting one!

Next up, I graciously took the stage, felt humbled to be surrounded by so many movers and shakers, thanked everyone in advance for lending me their ears and in 5,4,3,2,1...I did what I was invited to do...my best, to show my passion for entrepreneurs and those who not only dare to dream but make it reality. By the audiences reaction, I feel like what I presented was received successfully and I couldn't have been more over the moon if I was in a space shuttle...#GRATEFUL


 ...& yes, when I got back to my table I tore that salad up(lol). Shortly after, the main course made it to the table and you guessed it...I devoured that too. Chicken breast...oh so tender, kale...so well seasoned, mashed sweet potatos blended to perfection and a super rich double chocolate raspberry drizzled slice of heaven for dessert! #THANKYOUCHEF

This was simply a night to remember and this in large part had everything to do with our Honorees:


Frances Cuesta-Reinvent U Boot Camps LLCKen Rochon-CEO of the Umbrella Syndicate
Shirley Luu-Shirley Luu Finance
Pamela Reaves-Nella, LLC

Melissa Jenkins-US Department of Homeland Security
Shellie Hunt-CEO of The Women of Global Change
Brian Joubert-Entrepreneur
Dr. Dawn Lindsay-President of Anne Arundel Community College
Lynette Charles-ABC2NEWS
Jeff Majors-Musician
Dr. Keith Harley-Celebrity Stylist
Keynote Speaker: Wes Adams



The room was filled with undeniable joy, kindness, support, love and encouragement. What could be better?! I loved every second of this event and I can't wait until next year. I honor and celebrate everyone who had a hand in making this ultra necessary event possible and with much deserved praise, I honor Larry White Sr. for making the impossible look easy as he brought go getters together to be celebrated in the best way imaginable. You are a Class Act for sure and we thank you!

xoxo,

Mahoghany

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.