QUOTES

THAT'S MY TRUTH!! WHAT'S YOURS?!!

"C'mon...Why? Why would you want to do that? You're smart. You can do so many things. I tell you what...Would you like to sign up for the nursing program?" Said as if she knew what my answer would be automatically...said like "How could you refuse? It's a great offer. Most have found this opportunity the offer of a lifetime."

So I popped up my head to look off in the distance for a nanosecond and then directly at her and said "No, I would not." politely but sternly, in a way that seem to leave little to no room to advance in the conversation. She was a bit stunned. In her mind, "What could be better?". So she went a step further and asked "Why not?"

My reply "I don't have a passion for medicine." That seemed like a pretty good answer to her based on how she left the conversation alone after that but she still seemed to react a bit like "What does passion have to do with anything?"

Unfortunately I knew what she meant, not because I live my life that way with that kind of thinking but because I have seen vast examples of people who work jobs everyday and have no passion for them, zero enthusiasm about them...they are simply going through the motions and both their work and  attitude/disposition boldly reflects that.

Of course every job won't be the perfect fit for everyone. It takes a while for some of us to find that thing that makes it all worth it in the end but in the meantime in between time (lol) you gotta admit that there seem to be no shortage of "Gloomy Gus's" out here in today's workforce.

Examples?!!!!

 But of course.

Have you ever been to a fast food restaurant and come across the rudest person ever, just nasty for no reason, loud and aggressive at the drive through and to top it all off...your order is wrong as ever?!! YEAH?!! ME TOO!! UGHHH!! MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!

When that happens...What's one of the first things you think of? "I hope they didn't mess with my food." "If you don't like your job, QUIT!!" Unprofessional!! Who in the world hired them?!!

Have you ever thought those things and possibly even said them out loud...YEAH...ME TOO & I think those are rather normal reactions to have when you've been mistreated and paid for the privilege to boot. Poor service at a Fast food place is one thing but what about when you receive the same poor treatment from a doctor?!! After all, this is your health we're talking about. Clearly you need help, you're not feeling well, you want to feel better, so you came to the one place you thought would aid you into better health.

Instead you find someone completely disconnected, no bedside manner, seemingly no interest in treating you as a human being with feelings. How frustrating? Quick to write a prescription instead of talking with you about prevention. Not to mention the bill is going to be out of this world expensive, so much for the saying "You get what you pay for". Not what you'd expect from what's supposed to be a "Caring" profession, right?

Right.

I said all that to say, so often I've been presented with various opportunities to do different jobs. The only problem was I had zero interest in them. I, at the mere thought of reporting to these places, would get severely depressed. I would share my feelings with others and they would say typical things like "Well, join the club. Gotta have a job. These bills come every month like clockwork."

Whether I liked to hear those things or not is beside the point. The point is, Is there any truth to these statements? The answer...YES, very much so.

 BUMMER?

Nope, it's all in the way you look at it. While life has its unwavering expenses and jobs help keep those expenses in check, nowhere is it written that you have to work at a place that you hate, while doing something unfulfilling for the rest of your life simply because you're an adult and bills are ever present.

That's the beauty of choice.

What would you like to do? If it was as simple as 1,2,3...What would you choose to do for a living and excel at if given the chance?

Well you guys already know what my answer is. It's who I am and who I'll always be.

How do I know?

Because when I'm in my element it never feels like work. I'm happy to be there. I look forward to participating while connecting and being engaged by fellow artists.  I have energy and enthusiasm. I'm content, I have purpose and I feel free.

There aint no substitute for the truth either it is or it isn't...you see the truth, it needs no proof. Either it is or it isn't and you know the truth by the way it feels #IndiaArie

& the truth is I'm a talented actress with passion in abundance...

THAT'S MY TRUTH, WHAT'S YOURS?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.