QUOTES

NO STRUGGLE, NO PROGRESS!!

So often people will praise someone for their accomplishments without knowing all that it took to make those accomplishments happen. So many people will applaud your success but have no idea of your numerous failures. 
 
Names like Jay Z comes to mind...No record label wanted to sign him and no record label did either. He had to make it happen!! I love it in his song "ENCORE" when he says:
 
 
"When you first come in the game they try to play you
 
then you drop a couple of hits look how they wave to you..."
 
 
I LOVE the NYLA ELISE Clothing Brand by Ricky Moore...I especially love this tee that says:
"NOBODY LOVES IT UNTIL EVERYBODY LOVES IT".  
 
I've found that statement to be so true!!
 
 
Kanye West, comes to mind. As talented as he is as a lyricist he was met with much opposition when he was trying to get on. Some of his now friends didn't see it back then. They told him rather straightforward "We only want your beats."
 
 
Most of us know the journey of Tyler Perry. For years he produced plays, no one showed. He loss all of his money, his home...etc.
 
 
Steve Harvey...I believe he was in his late 30's before he had his first car. He was homeless and living out of his car, went through a divorce...suffered so much loss in pursuit of his dream.
 
 
Not to mention the story of Chris Gardner whose journey was captured and executed beautifully by Will Smith in The Pursuit of Happiness, failed marriage, money problems, homeless, jobless, arrested, single parent...
 
 
People are out here struggling everyday without fail. It's hard to maintain your sanity sometimes with all that life brings. When it appears that there will always be more questions than answers in this life, most seem to come up with hallmark card reasoning as a coping tactic. Uttering things like "As long as you learned from it how can it be a mistake." Some even go as far as to say "If I had it to do all over again, I wouldn't change a thing". That's not my logic at all but whatever gets you through the day.
 
I have a very close friend...actually we're sisters in heart and in art and we gab all the time about our different challenges in this business and she would say
 
"Look at Tyler Perry and this one and that one (naming random people that we admire) If they went through it, who are we to think that we can go freely throughout this journey without a hardship to speak of.
 
In my mind I wanted to battle against that statement and say
 
 
"Well, not everyone's path is the same and not everyone has had that dynamic in their journey."
 
 but the truth, as I was experiencing it, was so similar that I had to think about it differently and when I did it kind of comforted me in a weird way. Had me thinking "Maybe I'm on the right track. I mean, I'm working hard, I persevere, I am totally driven, I'm talented, I'm not a quitter. I have everything but the finances. So many before me that now have it going on, meaning they are now seeing the fruits of their labor have had that exact same story as I to the T."
 
 
So here's to the hard work of the currently "HUNGRY" and to the future well deserved harvest of the HARD WORKER!! Your efforts are not in vain...KEEP PUSHING!!   
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.