QUOTES

SIMPLY PROFOUND!!

When I was a little girl in summer camp at Morgan State University, I remember the camp instructor took us out on the track. The first thing I noticed were the hurdles. I had always seen it on tv and always wanted to try it but I couldn't seem to get it in my mind how to leap over those things without my feet getting hooked on it at the last second and me falling and busting my head on the pavement. (True story...lol)
 
The camp instructor appeared to be athletic and he was very nice to all us kids. He noticed me being kind of fixated on those hurdles and as he walked up alongside me I asked "How do you jump over these things?" He said "You can do it. Just takes some practice." 
 
Well as many of you may now know, I've never been one to have an overflow of patience. (lol) So without notice I walked over to the race starting line, I got on my mark, got set and I shot outta there like a canon. I ran and I ran my heart out like somebody was trying to take my last butter crunch cookie(#MEMORIES) Now I would love to tell you that as I approached that first hurdle I seized the day and I leaped with all my might and made it over successfully. YES, I would LOVE to tell you that but nothing could be further from the truth. lol 
 
Here's what really happened:
 
The whole "I walked over to the race line without notice and got on my mark, got set and I shot outta there like a canon" was the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Me, running like somebody was trying to take my last butter crunch cookie(#MEMORIES), nothing but the truth.
 
Sidebar: Remember how you would put the pack of cookies in your pocket and when you took them out they were so warm and chewy, whooooweee, how I loved those cookies. lol
 
Anyway, back to the story.   
 
As I ran and began to pick up speed, I thought about jumping over that first hurdle but I wasn't ready yet. I passed the next hurdle and thought "What if I fall and bust my butt? Not only would it be super embarrassing, I could also really get hurt. Legs will be all ashy and busted up bleeding...oh brother." but as I'm running I just can't shake this feeling of ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TRY...HOW ELSE WILL YOU KNOW. So I did...as I approached the next hurdle running as fast as I could leaped for all it was worth and you know what I DID IT!!!! I knocked over the hurdle but I DID IT & I didn't fall. YAY!! 
 
So, THE CHOICE IS YOURS.(#BLACK SHEEP #HIPHOP) 
 
 
Even when you're scared, go for it!!
 
 
You will feel so much better knowing that you tried and the great thing about trying is that sometimes you come away VICTORIOUS!!
 
So the next time you're out there trying something that may make you a little nervous or it's just plain downright scary, know that by taking that risk...it's taking you closer to being your best you...and when you do and that sense of pride and accomplishment washes over you, be sure to eat a butter crunch cookie in our honor. lol      
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.