QUOTES

MEET JOHN HUGHES-HELDT #1 ON THE REVERBNATION POP CHARTS!!

It seems like it was only 4 months ago when I made John's acquaintance because it was. (lol) After one conversation I could tell how passionate he was and you know me...Passion is the name of the game!! He said "Mahoghany, I have a cool song I want to send you" & that cool song was "On, On".
 
It's always a risk when us artists put out product isn't it? I mean it's your heart & soul...it means so much to us and the idea of someone possibly not liking what we do is so daunting but to be a great artist is to be true to yourself and confidently stand behind your work and Mr. Hughes-Heldt did just that.
 
Now for me this has always been tricky territory. How many times has someone said "Give me your honest opinion. Seriously...I can take it. Give it to me straight." and you're looking at this person with a bit of a side eye, thinking "Here we go. That's what they all say but they don't really mean it because  as soon as I open my mouth and give it to them "straight no chaser"...often times "they" are instantly "SALTY" if the critique is anything less than exemplary.
 
Know what I'm talking about? (lol)
 
But I digress...I put all of that aside and took a serious listen to 'ON & ON' and couldn't wait to respond to John and tell him "YOU MY FRIEND ARE A ROCKSTAR!!!!! I LOVE IT!! I COULD SEE IT ON A SOUNDTRACK FOR AN ACTION MOVIE, FOR THE OLYMPICS...IT MAKES ME FEEL LIKE I CAN DO ANYTHING...NO MATTER HOW TOUGH THINGS GET...I CAN GO ON & ON!!"
 
I assure you I'm not alone in my praise of John's song...Here's what Alpha Milk had to say: 
 
Alpha Milk is super proud to present ON AND ON, a breakthrough track from the innovative San Diego artist HUGHES. Since the original mix sported such catchy vocal hooks and great pop-rock sensabilities, HIBERNATE felt it would translate incredibly well into a club mix. The result: the finely crafted HIBERNATE remix and its alternate progression. Djs will surely enjoy the warm sonics, easy access vocals and housey grooves of the club version while pop-rock traditionalists will find a home in the radio-friendly feel of the original. Alpha Milk would like to thank HUGHES for the opportunity to work with such a talented vocalist and musician.
 

http://alphamilkrecordings.com/releases/hughes-on-and-on/



 

 

 
MANY MORE GREAT REVIEWS:

 
 



 

 












ASDCV -Jamie Connolly        
Hey there Hughes! :) I'm LOVIN Ur music; awesome 80s Pop/Rock vibes, honey smooth soothing vocals & stadium stomping, incredibly catchy soaring melodies with fierce, funk flavoured guitars combining with the contemporary electro/dance pop instrumentals, & real confidence & swagger in Ur lyrics! I espesh enjoyed Ur version of "Happy Together," very distinct version & Ur track "On & On" is awesome; if any justice destined to be a worldwide hit, sooo much swag & charisma in that 1! :) Jamie. C :)


Mike Vinson - Americana            






Mike Vinson - Americana        
Definitely impressed with "On and On". It's a great track and I wish you the best of luck with it.
 
Heleana Maria
    
Heleana Maria        
I see you can do many styles as well and like the energy in your voice all through On and On! Keep doing what your doing very effective work indeed!
    
The Fores    
I said it once before and I'll say it again...
 
YOU MY FRIEND, ARE A ROCKSTAR!!

Much continued success...YOU DESERVE GREATNESS!! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.