QUOTES

RORY D SHERIFF=#writer #screenwriter #playwright...ETC!!!!!

Ok, Ok...I know I could come at this from various angles but instead let's cut to the chase!

Here we go:

Once upon a time in Chicago I met 2 people whose names will remain a mystery to protect the innocent...lol, point is these two people just so happened to be cast members in a play called
Be a Lion", the sequel to the 1976 film The Wiz, according to the writer/director & producer, that just so happened to be none other than Rory D. Sheriff!!


At that point I had yet to see the play or meet Mr. Sheriff, had no idea what it was about, had no expectations whatsoever and to be honest I liked that. So often we go into stage plays and movie theaters with so much information that it's hard to get transported to another place where you feel like you're on this intriguing voyage. So this time I didn't have that concern. YAY!!


As the lights dimmed to almost complete darkness in the house, I couldn't wait to see what was in store and I'm happy to say I was pleasantly surprised. It was so bright, vibrant, colorful...it almost felt like I was watching it in 3D. I wanted so much to feel like I was in a different world and I got my wish! It was cool and funny, it was rhythmic and playful, it was soulful and musical and over far too soon!!


I had no knowledge of Mr. Sheriff before this but I knew that he'd be hard to forget now that I had a glimpse into his world of creativity and after all was said and done I had the opportunity to speak with Rory and this is what I can share with you as a result of our brief conversation:


     “Be a Lion” is Rory’s first full-fledged engagement as a playwright, but certainly not his last. He's a deep thinker, very passionate about his work, down to earth, cool as a fan even in the face of disappointment...and later I learned that he's hilarious! The kind of funny where you may not even see it coming but without warning you are splitting your side cracking up in hysterics. Yes, I know I laugh a lot but that aside he really is funny.


 Rory D. Sheriff is a fortress of creativity...as an author, director, playwright, actor, poet and radio personality. Rory can't help but to be skillfully and uniquely set apart from the rest. Speaking of rest, I wonder if he ever does!! (lol) This man is way productive! You gotta love it!!


Influenced by the works of authors such as Mary B. Morrison and Zane, Rory taps into his sexier creative, as a hot & steamy erotic storyteller. First he released his debut novel, Get N’ Serious, followed by two additional books in the Get N’ Serious series and just when you thought it was safe he unveils his groundbreaking erotic anthology, Pillow Talk in the Heat of the Night and we musn't forget Yadira's Sky, a contemporary fiction novel filled with triumph and tragedy. Beautifully written from start to finish.

Hey, I bet ya didn't know that Rory is also a huge advocate of civil and human rights who once aspired to be an Attorney, fluent in Spanish & German, world traveler, honorably discharged former Army Vet, Majored in Mass Communications, who also has double digit career years in the radio industry, which FYI , has laid the foundation for him to build upon in creating a well recognized name in the literary community...just in case you were curious. lol


Ladies I know what you're thinking..."Wow, sounds like quite a catch. I'm sure he would make a wonderful husband and father." Well that's the same thing his wife and kids say all the time. Yes, Rory is a family man, who highly values the support from his wife and kids. Sorry ladies. :) 

It's no secret that Rory D. Sheriff has lots going on and that's putting it mildly...so much so that he admittedly tells us that he has all kinds of people living in his head but not exactly rent free, you see, they tell him their stories, he writes them down and gets paid for it.


Sounds to me like you Rory are in your own lane and I have a pretty strong feeling that you wouldn't have it any other way!!


Rory D. Sheriff you are a wonderfully complicated joy to know. Cheers to you for your courage, your fearlessness, your kindness and your seemingly never ending creative genius & artistry...#WRITER #SCREENWRITER #PLAYWRIGHT #ENJOYYOURDAY #TURNDOWNFORWHAT

Follow Rory on Twitter: https://twitter.com/brandnewsheriff  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.