QUOTES

BE YOU...BECAUSE NOBODY DOES IT BETTER!!!!


My dad told me as a little girl

"There's nothing new under the sun!"
 
 Very simple, straightforward but profound.
 
 I have found this statement to be true over and over and I'm sure I will continue to find it true forever. It helped me to understand that although an experience,
 no matter whether good, bad or indifferent,
may be new for me doesn't mean that the exact same experience hasn't been had by the masses
 before I was ever thought of...lol.
 
I said all that to say when I was a little girl HIP HOP was so new to me and the way I felt when I heard it for the first time was new to me, even the feeling of being understood on certain levels that happened as a result of being exposed and introduced
to artist like
QUEEN LATIFAH
was all new to me!!!!!!  
 
Here's what was wonderfully familiar...a great many lyric in the songs back then...So many artist seemed as if they were reading my mind & reading my heart
and the lyrics below speaks to that. 
 
In my culture "Biting" means to imitate or steal someone's style or creative material...There's nothing new about "Biters"...mostly they're bold, shameless thieves but then some would say imitation is the best form of flattery, that is until YOU, the originator of your creative works has the fruits of your labor stolen in excess DOLLARS!!!!  
 
I completely relate to what Queen Latifah wrote back then in her song:
 
      
Wrath of My Madness
 
         There are those who like my taste But don't consider biting
There's penalties for those who don't do right And just be reciting
Everyone else's word that took a lot of thinking
It's not our fault your thoughts are shrinking
Well, mine are growing Yes you know like all the woman inside of me
Despite what you do or say And even in spite of me
 
 
 
 
#HIPHOPLEGEND
#ACTRESS
#MOVIESTAR
#COVERGIRL
#TALKSHOWHOST
#JAZZARTIST
#WHORUNTHEWORLD
#CHAMPION
#UNSTOPPABLE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.