QUOTES

PRICELESS INSPIRATION IN ONLY 5 MINUTES?!!

My day was way busy today. Got up early, well for me anyway. Anyone who knows me knows that you get the best of me at about or after 12 noon. (lol)I had to eat, take my vitamins, get myself together to get out of the house to handle my business and this business involved me having to clean out my truck, move furniture, look for and purchase a few necessities. I had no way of knowing that while I was at a local store I would cross paths with a total stranger and as a result, walk away totally inspired.

Here's what happened:

I was standing in line to purchase my items and as I approached the register, the cashier and I exchanged normal pleasantries, you know "Hello. How are you? Fine, thanks. Me too." I remember how kind she seemed to be. She appeared to be so at peace with life. I mean, she was smiling and speaking so warmly to others and I thought "What a nice lady."

Anyway...as she was ringing up my things I noticed her name tag and so I called her by her name only I put a "handle" on it(Meaning I addressed her with Mrs.) to show that my mama raised me right. (lol)

I asked her "Do you ever go to see live theater?"

She said "No".

I said "Never?"

She said "It's been a long time."

So I told her the reason I was asking was because I have a stage play going up in June of this year and I'd like to invite her.

She said "Oh yeah, what's it about?"

I told her it's about sisterhood and friendship and I went on briefly to discuss it further but then something happened, something that I couldn't help but notice...she paused and just stared at me with a curious look and a faint smile. It was the kind of smile that signified "Look at God." :)

I asked her "Is something wrong?"

She said "God is something. What you said just then was confirmation".

I thought "That's great" but I still was unsure what she meant, so I asked her "What do you mean?"

She said "It's so funny that you came in and said it's about friendship..." she went on to say "That word friendship is..." while shaking her head. That's when she leaned toward me and said quietly "I just loss my son, today is my first day back to work" and my heart sank. She then went on to say
"Those who I called friend weren't there for me."

I thought to myself "Wow, what pain she must be in. How is she able to smile? She's so strong." Me being me...I asked her "Would a hug make it better or worse because I give great hugs" and she said "Whatever you wanna do." I walked around to the other side of that register and gave her a big warm hug, while also giving her words of encouragement and I left my card...shortly after we said our "See ya laters". I don't think she has a clue about how much she inspired me but she did...she really did.

Seeing her strength in living color reminded me to be strong and stay strong.

Seeing her smile so bright reminded me to smile even in the face of adversity because it draws good things and good people towards you when you need them most.

Her kind disposition let me know that when you're hurting you don't have to spread it around, instead you can choose to treat others well, outwardly demonstrating that that's how you yourself would like to be treated.


All of this happened in 5 minutes. I wonder what would have happened in 6!! lol  

Thank you...because of you I'm both proud and humbled to say I'm better and I'm grateful!!

2015...YOU ARE ALRIGHT WE ME...Can't wait to see what else you have in store!!

LET'S GOOOOOOO!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.