QUOTES

MICHAEL GABEL AT FIRST SIGHT!!!!!


If you have yet to have the pleasure of meeting Michael Gabel, an award-winning actor, director, talk show host, producer and educator, allow me to introduce him to you but first I'd like to share my first hand experience in meeting him...Ready?!! Of course, you stay ready don't ya?!! lol
 
I met Michael many moons ago when I signed up for an acting workshop. I remember being super excited and eager to learn but even more eager to show my skills as an actress but I digress. I walked into a less than large size room along with 10 or so others and as we started to talk amongst ourselves for a bit, in walks...thee MICHAEL GABEL. Now I will admit, I never heard of Michael Gabel before that fateful day but once I met him, I knew I would never forget him.
 
I remember his infectious energy and big bold welcoming personality. I remember he smiled a lot and that he wasn't like some acting coaches who only look for what you're doing wrong...No, not Michael, not at all...instead he was refreshingly the opposite. He was outwardly interested in ways to encourage us and build on all the things that we had done right. This was wonderful. We(the class) felt totally supported and cheered on by him and that made us cheer each other on too. I think it's safe to say that we all left that class better...better people, with better outlooks and better chances at being our best.  
 
I wish I had kept in contact with some of the students in that class. I just know that I would've gotten a kick out of how well some are doing now but I'm happy to say that I was able to reach out to THE MAN WITH THE PLAN...MICHAEL GABEL  himself and what I found wasn't surprising...just INSPIRING!!
 
"What did you find? C'mon, we want to know. Do tell!!"
 
I found Michael Gabel still doing what he loves, acting and giving back to the community via the arts.  
 
CHECK THIS OUT!!!!!!
 
He has appeared at The Kennedy Center, Ford’s Theatre, The Folger, Arena Stage, The Roundhouse and many others, appeared in over 60 films including one of my side splitting, hilarious favorites "Major Payne”. His television credits include “The Wire”. Michael has contributed numerous voices for “My Wonderful Radio Show” a radio series for Children and hosted “The Morning Show” on WVIE.

Michael is a two time winner of the A.I.R. Award (Achievement in Radio-Talent Division), recipient of five Peer Awards: Acting, On Camera, Dramatic, Male and the 2011 Peer Award for Best Actor for The 48 Hr. Film Festival. He was awarded the 2009 and 2011 Baltimore 48 Hr. Film Competition for Best Acting. He was honored to one of 4 Presenters for the 2010 Peer Awards. He also won the Silver Medal for narration at The New York Film Festival. Michael just recently was awarded Best Supporting Actor at the 2012 LAWEBFEST for his work on the Web Series “Wall Geek”.


Michael is the Co-Founder and Executive Director of The Actors Institute which provides professional training for those interested in acting for film and television. He was named to Who’s Who in Executives and Professionals. He was honored to be included in the documentary “Acting and Teaching; from Stage to Screen” which included the likes of Richard Spenser and Spike Lee. Michael was recently interviewed on “The Studio” for George Mason Univeristy.


He has taught Acting and Film at Catholic and American Universities, Montgomery College, The Smithsonian and is currently on the faculty of Theatre Lab.


He has given numerous workshops for The Actors Center, Theatre Lab and The Aftra-Sag Conservatory
& he's just getting warmed up.

For more on the ever talented, wonderfully generous, gifted actor/talk show host/educator/producer/
coach/voice artist etc. visit http://www.michaelgabel.com/

Mr. Michael Gabel, I hope you know how much you give to the world and how much we appreciate you for it. You are a bright beam of talent, intelligence and unstoppable enthusiasm. Now that's what I call a TRIPLE THREAT!!

Proudly your student,

Mahoghany
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.