QUOTES

GOING AFTER MY DREAMS IS A LIFESTYLE!!


I was asked not too long ago by someone I love very much "How long are you going to keep pursuing this whole acting thing?" Said as if I was a grown woman sitting in the middle of a busy intersection playing with Barbie dolls. Yeah, said like I was completely insane and the ultimate weirdo to still be pursuing my dreams after "all this time". WOW!!

You know those moments where you encounter someone that thinks it's completely ok to say something so outrageously rude and insulting that you just want to RISK IT ALL & punch them in the face?!! #STOPTHEVIOLENCE (lol)

You do?!! ME TOO!!!!! That, for me, was that moment right there. You'll be both happy and proud to know that no one was physically injured during what went on to be a rather heated conversation. #STANDUPFORWHATYOUBELIEVEIN

Want to know what else was said? Of course you do...Here we go:

This person that I love so much went on to say later in the discussion

"Why do you expect people to understand you?!!

Let me just say, this question, to me, was both absurd and hilarious in an annoying kind of way (Just a little...lol) because I have never ever ever spoke the words "I EXPECT PEOPLE TO UNDERSTAND ME"...NEVER!! My response was quick, fast and straightforward...& Here it is:

"I don't expect people to understand me but I also don't expect those who don't understand me to be so quick at giving their unsolicited advice/opinions/feelings as it pertains to what's going on with me..."The person they all don't understand"...especially from those who don't know the first thing about the life of an artist. If I were in fact offered advice by the GREATS who I admire in the industry I'm not saying that I would automatically subscribe to everything they're saying either but I could at least have the fact that they've already walked the road that I'm currently traveling as a point of reference...a sensible reason to lend my ears to their advice."

Needless to say things got a little...as I like to say, "SPICY". It would be fair to say that you could very well cut the tension with a knife and not a butter knife either (lol) One doesn't have to be pursuing a life in show biz to understand the feeling of being in a very challenging time in your life where you are fighting seemingly insurmountable odds to know the frustration of hearing so much noise in the form of forced opinions/unwanted advice from those who think they know more than you do about the life you're currently living.

Me being an analytical person by nature and design, there's not many things that anyone can bring to my attention that I haven't thought about 6 ways to Sunday. Granted some people really are trying to help and have the best of intentions...others are just bummed that you simply will not give up especially when they themselves gave up such a long time ago. Then there are those that hate to see you win and accomplish your goals...you know the ones who are total opposite of CONGRATULATERS...you know what they're called...some call them MOTIVATERS others call them something else but No matter what you call them-

DON'T YOU DARE LET THEM OR ANYONE ELSE
STOP YOU FROM
ACHIEVING YOUR GOALS
AND ACCOMPLISHING YOUR DREAMS!!!!!!
 
 If it's true that
GOING AFTER YOUR DREAMS IS A LIFESTYLE...

DON'T GIVE UP 
KEEP GOING 
KEEP PUSHING 
KEEP STRIVING 
EYES ON THE PRIZE 
FOCUS 
BELIEVE 
HAVE FAITH
 
& WIN!!!!!!
 
Silence everyone who ever tried to doubt yours!!!!!!!!!!
 
 
xoxo,

Mahoghany
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.