QUOTES

KINDNESS...DOES IT PAY OFF?


I asked a friend today

"Do you ever think all the things that you've done for others ever pays off?"

He said, with almost no hesitation at all, "No, not for me." Do you feel the same? Do you feel like so often you extend yourself, then over extend yourself, you show up for others and help out all the time and at the end of the day all you seem to walk away with is a "THANK YOU", if that?

Yes, I know. Unfortunately it seems to be an epidemic of those who shamelessly take advantage of others but on the flipside there are so many people out here that really do sincerely appreciate all that you do. For example...We love examples don't we?!! YUP, we sure do. Well here we go:

Let's take me as Exhibit A=

I have lots of super talented movers and shakers for friends(YAY). They are wonderfully proactive, which means they're quite busy pretty much ALL of the time. #HUSTLEHARD So what that means is, if I needed a favor I would have to be very selective as to when I would cash my favors in because often times it could wind up being the only favor I could get for a long time, you know, a "One & done" type situation. lol

I pride myself on not being a BUG A BOO...(worrying others to the point where they no longer accept your calls) that's why my peeps don't mind coming through and putting the S on their chest for me. #ILOVEYOUGUYSSOMUCH

Back to the point...the point is I always go into my creative ventures dreaming colossal and envisioning everything turning out so well that they'll be money in abundance to present to my genius family to thank them for looking out for me but it hardly ever works out that way. Often times I would barely break even and all I could do was make sure I provided yummy food for them.

Well, me putting my cards face up surely made it easier for all parties involved. Forthcoming honesty, coupled with thorough communication has always been an unstoppable tag team in my world. So them knowing upfront that they were volunteering took a weight off of me when the money didn't manifest but on the other hand me wanting to be able to repay them for their kindness has always stayed on my mind.  

It made me wonder

"Do they think I'm rolling in the doe but I'm just being tight fisted...refusing to give back to those who gave to me?" Now of course I wanna be able to say boldly and emphatically "Of course not. My friends would never think that. They know if I have it they have it."

But do they really?

So many times you can walk up to someone and ask a direct question in the most upfront way and what do you get back in response... A LIE or at least not the whole truth. Know what I'm talking about?!! Just no accounting for why people do this. Ok...well at work you might do it to secure your job but within a friendship why wouldn't you seize the opportunity to clear the air? IDK!!

One profound thing that someone told me that has stood the test of time is that

"You never know what's on another man's mind." #TRUTH


That said,

Be kind.
 
Be your best you.
 
When you are able to help others...please do.
 
When you're able to give back...please do.  
 
 
I have countless memories of people who were kind to me and I have always been thankful for it. I still sing their praises. I still reach out to them and let them know how much it meant to me then and how much it continues to mean throughout my journey.

So while I am not the least bit in the dark as to how we would all love for our kindness to pay off in large amounts of cash right now...like this very second(That would be so nice!!!) we mustn't downplay all the other ways kindness makes a positive impactful difference in the lives of others.


Both you & your kindness matter!!
 
Your kindness does indeed pay off!!
 
THANK YOU & keep up the good work!!      
 
 
xoxo,
 
Mahoghany
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.