QUOTES

WILLING TO BE UNCOMFORTABLE????

Long story short...you have been hoping and wishing and thinking and praying, planning and dreaming that your dreams will come true. Right?!! RIGHT!! You've had countless dreams that seemed so real, the kind of dreams that are so good, you mirror the lyrics in that song..."If I'm dreaming just let me sleep." #TRUTH (lol) Only one problem...you woke up only to find that you were actually dreaming and you couldn't help but to feel a little bummed that it all was in your mind.
 
 If you're like me you've said things like this:
 
How much longer will it be? I've been praying. I've been doing my best. Working as hard as any 10 people combined. I know I'm deserving. I have the goods. Why not me? It seems like everyone who acts "OUT OF ORDER" get all the breaks. Where's the platform for those who care to create work with both their soul and dignity in tact?
 
Sounds familiar doesn't it?!! Trust me, I know it does. You wish you had a team to help you accomplish your goals so that you could save on time. You wish someone would point you in the right direction instead of pointing you to yet another door that says 1,000,000 more steps from here. Right?! RIGHT!!
 
I know, I really do and because I know...I bet you want me to give you some magical solution to how you can bypass all the hurt, the haters, the nonsense, the disappointments, the stress, the "never enough money", not to mention the overwhelming frustration that comes with being misunderstood throughout your journey, right?!!
 
Of course you do & believe me I wish I could, for you and for me but for the majority of us there is no easy way. It gets hard but remember...it's just dues and everybody's paid a few. :) Stay focused because what I can tell you for certain is that you will never make it if you give up. You gotta be in it to win it. Can't make the shot if you don't take the shot. Ask yourself "How bad do I want it? How far am I willing to go to accomplish my goals? Am I really ready? Am I prepared? Am I really as good as I need to be to truly be able to compete? How many excuses do I make a day as to why things didn't go my way?"
 
Basic questions like these will help you to understand what qualities you possess that will elevate you throughout your journey and groom you to be a leader or an even better leader. On the other hand it may reveal that you have some work to do from the inside out...because excuses are a sign of weakness and the inability to assume responsibility for your shortcomings. 
 
It's important to know and understand that this is indeed a business not a personal vendetta. Thick skin is essential. Work so hard that on your worse day, you're better than the competition. Look in the mirror and say boldly "SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT!!" (lol...so serious)
 
PS: This song used to bring me so much comfort...maybe it can do the same for you. Go get em & remember all your hustles aint for nothing!!!!!!!!!    
 
 
Troubles
Alicia Keys

 Feels like the world is closin' on me
Feels like my dreams will never come to be
I keep on slippin' deeper into myself
And I'm scared, so scared

If you're troubled, you just gotta let it go
If you're worried baby, you just gotta let it go
All your hustles aint for nothing, you just gotta take it slow
When you need me baby, all you do is let me know

Why does it feel that my mind is constantly trying to pull me down
I can't seem to get away
Continuous mistakes I know I've made before
How long will I feel so out of place
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.