QUOTES

BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE...

ANOTHER LESSON LEARNED...& YES...I'M WILLING TO SHARE IT WITH YOU!!

   OK...We all know that life sometimes gets in the way and we get busy. Some of us are consumed with our jobs, our kids, our families, hardships or dream chasing(Hint hint). The super busy, hustle & grind just becomes our normalcy. We find that we are on auto pilot, thinking "If I just keep my head down, if I just stay focused in a year or 2 or 10...", the problem with that is, well...

LIFE WILL PASS YOU BY.

How many times has someone told you to "STOP AND SMELL THE ROSES" or "ENJOY YOUR MOMENTS" & you say "Ok, I will!!" only to look back and realize that you never did?

I'm definitely guilty of that. Guilty of never quite being content for long. I reach this goal, now I want to tackle that goal. I tackle that goal now I want to accomplish this goal & please don't misunderstand me...It's a beautiful thing to be ambitious, to be driven, to be a go-getter but it's also a beautiful thing to stay connected to those who matter most. It's a beautiful thing to revel in what's tangible.

I can appreciate some of the benefits that come with modern day technology but I hate how disconnected it's made us in concerns to basic human interaction.

Ex #1: Now instead of hearing that wonderful baritone voice from that special someone on the phone saying sweet nothings in your ear you are now reduced to a message via a glowing cell phone screen.

Ex #2: Now instead of long time friends calling each other to talk for a while, to laugh, to catch up...it's a 30 minute text convo for which you may receive carpal tunnel as a token of your affection. (lol)

WOW!!!! Before it's too late...PLEASE let's understand the importance of our family & friends. Let's not be so consumed by this world that we cease to check on one another and under push each other's fall. Let's not let bad feelings and disagreements take over in such a way that we cheat ourselves out of great friendships and much needed love & support.

I was faced with this very scenario today and was forced to recognize that I too have some work to do in concerns to these things and I accept it with all humility. 

We often hear people say "TOMORROW IS NOT PROMISED!!" & while that's true it still doesn't stop us from wasting lots of time on things that in the grand scheme of things are terribly insignificant.

So here's your chance...as long as you have breath in your body you have the chance to make another choice...to be better, to speak your truth and inspire others.

PLEASE CALL THOSE YOU CARE ABOUT & TELL THEM SO...

BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!  




No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.