QUOTES

A LETTER TO A FRIEND:

WHEN I READ THIS IT WAS LIKE JADA WAS READING MY MIND!!!!!!!!!!!

A letter to a friend:

I find that in our business it's easy to become unconsciously addicted to thee intoxicating feeling of excitement. Many of us can mistaken this intoxication as joy, happiness or even love. In my experience, I have found that joy, love and happiness can be experienced more as states and that excitement is experienced more in spurts. Our lives can become like roller coasters as we chase thee intoxication that excitement delivers. I went from the dangerous, intoxicating street life of Baltimore city to the forever unpredictably intoxicating Hollywood life.


The last 4 years I have been able to identify this culprit of discontent. Discontent with the fact that every time I slowed down or was not steeped in excitement, something was wrong, but instead it became clear that something was right. It gave me time to deepen my relationships with others and myself, revealing to me that my life needed to reflect this state more. I no longer wanted to rely on intoxication as the motor for my life, but rather use authentic love and connection as the motor. That is the approach I prefer, and I see you suffering in the chase for a constant intoxication professionally and intimately.

There is no right or wrong here, it's merely a choice and you have the right to choose whatever route you please. I just wanted to share with you the other choice I have experienced. All we can ask is to live our lives with as much awareness possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment

HAPPINESS FOR SURVIVAL STAGE PLAY Designed by Templateism.com Copyright © 2014

Theme images by lucato. Powered by Blogger.